Undertale

Sans

white★bone dunker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Probably the most overrated game of all time. Not that it's bad, but it's no where near as good as most people make it out to be.

For starters, it's ridiculously easy compared to pretty much any other bullet hell in existence. Despite this, I thought all the little gimmicks the bosses had were cool. It's just that everything else was lame and there was a lot more of it.

Probably the main draw of the game is its story and characters, which is pretty much entirely subjective. I hated the nerd lizard. Why can't I kill the nerd lizard in genocide? I know some people didn't like Toriel either. Or Sans. Puns are terrible and a crime against humanity.

Music was great. Not much to be said here. I listen to it while I'm grinding in warframe sometimes. Pretty dope.

All in all it was probably a 6 or 7/10 for me. This is in actual legit review numbers, not inflated IGN numbers.

Please don't flame me
If you play through the True Pacifist run, at the end of the True Lab section; Alphys says: "I was pretty close to doing something... cowardly..." implying that if you had not just defeated Mettaton, but actually killed him (robot with a soul. broke soul = 'dead' robot), then Alphys would have killed herself. Therefore; you do end up killing Alphys in the genocide run. Just indirectly.

Kressent Rhodes

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I'm still relatively new to the Undertale craze. The overwhelming amount of fannon it received was kind of intimidating haha but a friend of mine convinced me to play and it actually turned out to be a pretty good experience. I couldn't bring myself to play the genocide mode after completing the pacifist route haha

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I'm still relatively new to the Undertale craze. The overwhelming amount of fannon it received was kind of intimidating haha but a friend of mine convinced me to play and it actually turned out to be a pretty good experience. I couldn't bring myself to play the genocide mode after completing the pacifist route haha
You can always watch a Let's Play of the genocide run. I just feel I should warn you...
Flowey will call you out for watching somebody else kill everyone and not having the nerve to do it yourself. =p

Kressent Rhodes

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
You can always watch a Let's Play of the genocide run. I just feel I should warn you...
Flowey will call you out for watching somebody else kill everyone and not having the nerve to do it yourself. =p
Flowey would! He's a punk!!!

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Hello darlings!

Some pretty nice cosplays up in there. Mettaton and Frisk continue to be neat, with guest stars Temmie and nice cream vendor showing how convincing upper lip and nose makeup can be for animal-esque cosplays.

Yotes

of Yotes Games
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 20, 2016
Florida
www.yotesgames.com
Changed my life. I rarely get hit this hard in the heart, but Undertale struck me and is going to stay near the top of my favorite games possibly forever.
It makes me strive to make better stories and characters in my own projects.

Reactions: Tox

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Sorry about the bump, but if anyone who had acquired the PS4 version, I'd love to hear how different it is from the PC Steam version and if there are no new boss fights.

Reactions: Lanxide

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Just try to go in with a neutral mind (see what i did there ;D). It's a game that has had a lot of positive and negative talk about it and yea. Just play it and see how you go. I liked it. I will say, though, it's a game you want to play at least twice to get the most out of it.

bonusjosh

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
I know the PS4 version has an exclusive room which is worth a mini chuckle if you keep going along with it but not sure what else.

That being said, love undertale to death and now I'm gonna eat some popcorn and watch ya all chat about it.

Reactions: Tox

Killer Beast

Kept you waiting, huh?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sorry about the bump, but if anyone who had acquired the PS4 version, I'd love to hear how different it is from the PC Steam version and if there are no new boss fights.
I think this is what they call necro-posting! But yeah, I honestly did not know there was a PS4 version. For me, personally, Undertale came and went by already. Played it, loved it, looked into some fandom stuff (sparingly) and I just hope Toby Fox does more stuff, since it was quite a bit of fun, for me! Really enjoyed the game and all that.

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
Love the game. More games need a "Pacifist road" of sorts.