Friendliest Site I Have Ever Been On

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Don't worry, the salt will start to flow once the beta releases and we'll be at each other's throats calling for buffs, nerfs and how much of a scrub we are.
Still, I assume the community will be friendlier than most game communities

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
I'm certain it'll be better then league of legends but as it gain popularity the chances of us getting the trolls will continue to raise. However hopefully it will at least remain this way as the game is being made and hopefully for most of the beginning.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I like how its friendly bit not overly cringey. Like people are just real, sometimes we swear and take shots at eachother but I've never seen anyone be vindictive or harsh.

This is my first real forum experience and its been a great one. Thanks ManeSix and community!
Same, this is my first forum and I like it's completely absent of trolls and it's just real talk. Of course we will take shots at times bit nothing troll-like or cruel. So yeah I really do love this community

I will drink the tears of your bitter sorrow and laugh as you weep in vain over your shattered and broken pride!
Aw thanks, you too fam

Last edited by a moderator:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, that's maybe, because it is not a team game, where every one will just rage about incompetent teams (They are, obviously, not part of that team), OP tanks/characters/weapons and stuff.
And maybe, because the usually less ...friendly group will just take a look at the game and dismiss it as some girly garbage.
Or comes up on the forum and starts acting like a ...meanie. Wow, now I made myself worry about the future.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Just wait until this game has its own board on GameFAQs. By comparison these forums will feel about 20% nicer than they already are.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I like how its friendly bit not overly cringey.
Have you SEEN my RP? I think I single-hoofedly made the mods themselves cringe us out of General Discussion!

Also, my first forum experience too, and so far so good! I think the Magic of Friendship has bled over from all the Horse-friends!

Reactions: Stars

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
seeing how its competitive and not a coop game vs the ai I can see it going downhill if it gets so popular that we get the elitest trolls posting on here. With tier lists and so many other things that really isnt needed. I think most of us right now dont care about tier lists and just want a good fighting game made with an interesting story <A rare thing to happen with fighting games>

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
isnt the beta test only for backers anyways? so even that room wont be safe...and we only need 1 person who is a troll to make the forums fall apart especially if they let him troll. I highly doubt though people will be complaining about balance that early in development seeing how its a beta.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
isnt the beta test only for backers anyways? so even that room wont be safe...and we only need 1 person who is a troll to make the forums fall apart especially if they let him troll. I highly doubt though people will be complaining about balance that early in development seeing how its a beta.
Well, I meant once the final release happens and the game takes the #1 slot at EVO and becomes the biggest thing ever to hit the FG community. But you do have a point. But hey, why worry about something that may or may not happen? Right now these forums are legit.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
Yes I agree on that this is one of the friendiest boards I ever been on. Which is amazing to say the least and even the livestreams are really good too for the same reasons.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
seeing how its competitive and not a coop game vs the ai I can see it going downhill if it gets so popular that we get the elitest trolls posting on here. With tier lists and so many other things that really isnt needed. I think most of us right now dont care about tier lists and just want a good fighting game made with an interesting story
Though this presents an unpleasant extreme, I hope there isn't/won't be an approach that "playing casually and for the story = good; taking the game seriously (being competitive, considering matchups, working to improve, aiming to be efficient) = bad".

After all, you can be a competitive player and a helpful and overall nice person to have around - just like you can be a rude disruptive casual.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Though this presents an unpleasant extreme, I hope there isn't/won't be an approach that "playing casually and for the story = good; taking the game seriously (being competitive, considering matchups, working to improve, aiming to be efficient) = bad".

After all, you can be a competitive player and a helpful and overall nice person to have around - just like you can be a rude disruptive casual.
Agreed. After all, there's a thread just for those kind of good people.

Galaxy Heart

Caffeine-Based Life Form
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Down the ne'er-do-well.
Mm, this community is one of the best I've been part of so far, but I think that's because currently, it's pretty small, I just hope it keeps that when it gets bigger.

Yeah, I'm somewhat worried about that too, hopefully it won't happen. This is a fair community and all I can hope is that it doesn't get split. I'm gonna be in both camps, but heavily in the latter more primarily.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
This community certainly has been pretty nice and interesting. I like how small it is the most. I really got to start posting on here often again. Once that first week passed, things really slowed down for me :(

But yeah, I have a feeling the competitive side of everyone is truly gonna pop up once the beta goes live. Everyone usually has a naturally aggressive side to them anyways.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I agree with you OP.

This is the friendliest videogame forums I have been in, I am happy they are this way as I have enough dealing with not so friendly people over at Halo and Destiny forums.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Now that I think about it before release the Armored Warfare's community was pretty friendly, but after it came out to open beta....... geeze. So size and nothing to really complain about might affect the forum.
If it stays like that probably depends on the success of the game. If it becomes the next street fighter, then be prepared a mass of loud idiots who will drown out the rest.
If it only gathers a cult following then save from the occasional random hater (who will probably only join to talk down to everyone), the community will stay relatively clean.

On a side note, most gaming communities are realtively friendly, just a high amount of unfriendly parts can drown that out.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
After the game's released, just as long as there are very few 13 year olds calling me a ****** I'll be just fine.
Those very few will be more than enough for one to die a little inside. Hopefully said 13 year olds will stay away from this game, because "eww girly stuff".

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Constant multi-posting. Don't multi-post, people. Don't incur my wrath.
This community certainly has been pretty nice and interesting. I like how small it is the most. I really got to start posting on here often again. Once that first week passed, things really slowed down for me :(

But yeah, I have a feeling the competitive side of everyone is truly gonna pop up once the beta goes live. Everyone usually has a naturally aggressive side to them anyways.
These forums can feel really slow at times I agree, although I do kinda of like it that way. It feels more civilized and calm

Those very few will be more than enough for one to die a little inside. Hopefully said 13 year olds will stay away from this game, because "eww girly stuff".
There might be little kids online though because "Oh look, cute animals!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
There might be little kids online though because "Oh look, cute animals!"
Those are usually nice people, since you don't throw money out on cute animals to then act like a dick with them (or at least I very much hope so), so if the rest of us are friendly, they will stay like that as well. Though at that age, the language barrier is a bit larger problem than acting like a prick:D

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
These forums can feel really slow at times I agree, although I do kinda of like it that way. It feels more civilized and calm
It's actually much busier than the tiny forum I've been on for goodness knows how many years. I gave up trying to read every post for the first couple days here. xp