Undertale

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
so by the way. it's actually very easy to do the sans and papyrus fonts on here.

PRETTY COOL, IF YOU ASK ME!

Just need to surround messages with tags like these:

Code:
[font=sans][/font]

[font=Papyrus][/font]
Just thought I'd say in case that was a thing people wanted to do.
THIS IS A THING?!?

I mean,

NEYH HEH HEH

koscum

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
Do you know what this thread needs? Yeah, that's right: EPIC MUSIC!

Also, which part of the game broke you? I managed to make it all the way to this:

Close second place were:
Amalgamates

Last edited:

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
The soundtrack is indeed a considerable strength of the Undertale experience.

That said, I feel like sharing four of my favourite theme covers (+flavor animations).
Just so happens, they're all from the same artist:

Mettaton ~ Papyrus ~ Muffet ~ Mad Dummy

If you liked those, be sure to keep an eye on his uploads as he plans to address a few more UT tracks soon.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Apparently, they're trying to make it into a movie as well, but Toby seems to refuse to give them the rights. Still, hopefully those new additions with the upgrade will put in more secret battles and lore.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Apparently, they're trying to make it into a movie as well, but Toby seems to refuse to give them the rights. Still, hopefully those new additions with the upgrade will put in more secret battles and lore.
I don't know if a movie would be too good, but then again that's Toby's decision.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
so by the way. it's actually very easy to do the sans and papyrus fonts on here.

PRETTY COOL, IF YOU ASK ME!

Just need to surround messages with tags like these:

Code:
[font=sans][/font]

[font=Papyrus][/font]
Just thought I'd say in case that was a thing people wanted to do.
I want to try this, mind showing me an example?

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I want to try this, mind showing me an example?
You just use the tags, you put whatever you want to say in between them. A message would look like this to you:

Code:
[font=Papyrus]AND IT WOULD COME OUT LIKE THIS![/font]
AND IT WOULD COME OUT LIKE THIS!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
You just use the tags, you put whatever you want to say in between them. A message would look like this to you:

Code:
[font=Papyrus]AND IT WOULD COME OUT LIKE THIS![/font]
AND IT WOULD COME OUT LIKE THIS!
Code:
[font=Papyrus] Did I do it?[/font][code][/FONT]

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I wanted to see what Sans's would look like.
Code:
[font=sans]perfectly fine with that.[/font]

perfectly fine with that.
compare that to the normal font here.

I was going with Papyrus 'cause it doesn't really stand out as much.

Something of note is that, they're both noticeably smaller than the regular font here. When I use the papyrus font for Dark Side stuff, (and not in all-caps like I do in this thread because that's how Papyrus talks) I always up it to size 5, which is a single size higher than the norm. I'd likely do the same with sans, which would come out like this.

You don't need to use the code tags. Sorry for the confusion, I'm just using those so I can show you what tags the fonts need.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Code:
[font=sans]perfectly fine with that.[/font]

perfectly fine with that.
compare that to the normal font here.

I was going with Papyrus 'cause it doesn't really stand out as much.

Something of note is that, they're both noticeably smaller than the regular font here. When I use the papyrus font for Dark Side stuff, (and not in all-caps like I do in this thread because that's how Papyrus talks) I always up it to size 5, which is a single size higher than the norm. I'd likely do the same with sans, which would come out like this.

You don't need to use the code tags. Sorry for the confusion, I'm just using those so I can show you what tags the fonts need.
Hey, I'm clicking on the little + symbol in the box when I write the code, is that what you mean by tags?

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Hey, I'm clicking on the little + symbol in the box when I write the code, is that what you mean by tags?
Tags just refers to anything within the brackets. In this case they'd just be font tags. Pretty much all bbcode stuff is done by surrounding things within them.

At this point we might wanna make a thread in off-topic about this, we're really derailing this one.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Tags just refers to anything within the brackets. In this case they'd just be font tags. Pretty much all bbcode stuff is done by surrounding things within them.

At this point we might wanna make a thread in off-topic about this, we're really derailing this one.
Alright, because I still want to know if I'm doing it right. Shold you make it or should I? Also, thank you for taking the time to show me this stuff.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Alright, because I still want to know if I'm doing it right. Shold you make it or should I? Also, thank you for taking the time to show me this stuff.
Not a problem! And I'll do it, I'll just make a general BBcode thread I guess. I just really don't want this to overtake this thread any longer.

To bring it back:

There, crisis averted~

Reactions: Super jorsour64

TheWanderingZebra

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 14, 2016
Honestly enjoyed everything about it! I'm not sure why everyone makes rants about how "awful" the game is. People say it's because of the community . . . But thats what some people said about Lawyer Friendly Equines.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
I think it's understandable enough as a phenomenon, and yeah, it does have to do with the community.

The more popular a thing is, the more likely it is for fans to pop up and discuss it in unrelated places like message boards or forums - and the more likely for it to have a vocal minority of people who will nag friends and strangers alike with "you need to try this out, and keep doing it until you like it".

People who haven't checked it out (or have and didn't like it) get increasingly annoyed by being constantly exposed to something they're not interested in, start actively disliking it and rant about the thing/its fandom as a kneejerk reaction in order to "balance it out". Examples of this that come to mind involve ponies, Undertale, Homestuck, furries, anime.

That said, it's always good to try and not be obnoxious about the things we enjoy. Recommend, but don't force it on others, don't treat exposing people to it as a holy mission, be able to take "no" for an answer and be open to the idea that just because we like it, doesn't mean everyone else will as well.

Killer Beast

Kept you waiting, huh?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It's funny, since the fandom is pretty cancerous, or it's becoming cancerous, at the very least, with a speed that I've seldom seen of a piece of media. That being said, my friend and I keep raving about the game, since it was genuinely good. Like, I got it as a Christmas gift and didn't hear anything about it, besides the fact that it's good, apparently, and that you could go through without killing anyone. I got a nice story, some gameplay, some feels, some kick-ass music. I genuinely enjoyed it. Hating it is part memes, part shitposting and the fandom being obnoxious, like it happened with ponies. Right now, on reddit, people seem to be of the opinion that the Undertale subreddit is trying to take the title of master shitposters from the JonTron one. Me? I'm just really excited for those bloody figurines.

Killer Beast

Kept you waiting, huh?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I need that Lesser Dog statue in my life.
I know, right? I've spent a lot of money on gaming recently, but I might spend another chunk of change on some of the stuff in that store. The really exciting bit? A little thing my friend noticed. Those awesome little buddies? They're part of "series 1".

Reactions: Stars

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Probably the most overrated game of all time. Not that it's bad, but it's no where near as good as most people make it out to be.

For starters, it's ridiculously easy compared to pretty much any other bullet hell in existence. Despite this, I thought all the little gimmicks the bosses had were cool. It's just that everything else was lame and there was a lot more of it.

Probably the main draw of the game is its story and characters, which is pretty much entirely subjective. I hated the nerd lizard. Why can't I kill the nerd lizard in genocide? I know some people didn't like Toriel either. Or Sans. Puns are terrible and a crime against humanity.

Music was great. Not much to be said here. I listen to it while I'm grinding in warframe sometimes. Pretty dope.

All in all it was probably a 6 or 7/10 for me. This is in actual legit review numbers, not inflated IGN numbers.

Please don't flame me

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Probably the most overrated game of all time. Not that it's bad, but it's no where near as good as most people make it out to be.

For starters, it's ridiculously easy compared to pretty much any other bullet hell in existence. Despite this, I thought all the little gimmicks the bosses had were cool. It's just that everything else was lame and there was a lot more of it.

Probably the main draw of the game is its story and characters, which is pretty much entirely subjective. I hated the nerd lizard. Why can't I kill the nerd lizard in genocide? I know some people didn't like Toriel either. Or Sans. Puns are terrible and a crime against humanity.

Music was great. Not much to be said here. I listen to it while I'm grinding in warframe sometimes. Pretty dope.

All in all it was probably a 6 or 7/10 for me. This is in actual legit review numbers, not inflated IGN numbers.

Please don't flame me
You won't get flamed, at least not from me, but I know that there are people who don't like Undertale for one reason or another. You speaking your mind is good, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to games, and when someone pushes a game in your face and says, "LOVE IT!" It honestly just kills the game for me.

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
You won't get flamed, at least not from me, but I know that there are people who don't like Undertale for one reason or another. You speaking your mind is good, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to games, and when someone pushes a game in your face and says, "LOVE IT!" It honestly just kills the game for me.
You never know man. There are some rabid fans out there that will have a huge temper tantrum if you say anything negative about *insert thing they like here*. It wouldn't be the first time I got blacklisted from somewhere because I didn't say something was literally perfect in every way.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
The soundtrack is indeed a considerable strength of the Undertale experience.

That said, I feel like sharing four of my favourite theme covers (+flavor animations).
Just so happens, they're all from the same artist:

Mettaton ~ Papyrus ~ Muffet ~ Mad Dummy

If you liked those, be sure to keep an eye on his uploads as he plans to address a few more UT tracks soon.
Ironically enough, I dig the same tracks, but in the reverse order.

That said, you gotta love them legs...

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I know, right? I've spent a lot of money on gaming recently, but I might spend another chunk of change on some of the stuff in that store. The really exciting bit? A little thing my friend noticed. Those awesome little buddies? They're part of "series 1".
If I can get a goatbro figurine I think maybe I can live with never being able to save him in the game.