Lawyer Friendly Equines Discussion Thread.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Griffonstone is kinda like Vegas: a place you thought would be awesome, but is actually a dump, complete with crappy replica of the Eiffel Tower. There's a decent IHOP just outside the strip though.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Watched the new episode. It was kind of meh, and really easy to guess what will happen.
The 3 older sisters ask why didn't they say so. If I recall correctly Applebloom literally said it in AJ's face to which her answer was "Are you an Apple, or an Apple?"

Yeah, still prefer raspberries...

Last edited:

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Watched the new episode. It was kind of meh, and really easy to guess what will happen.
The 3 older sisters ask why didn't they say si. If I recall correctly Applebloom literally said it in AJ's face to which her answer was "Are you an Apple, or an Apple?"

Agreed.

As soon as the CMC decided on which awards they were aiming for, I was like "Well now I know exactly how this is gonna end." And of course it played out as I expected.

However I'm willing to forgive all of that because Cheerilee was extremely adorable during the race.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
The 3 older sisters ask why didn't they say si. If I recall correctly Applebloom literally said it in AJ's face to which her answer was "Are you an Apple, or an Apple?"

Yeah, I was thinking that. I'm pretty sure all the CMC's said something, but were ignored.

Anyway, decent if predictable episode, redeemed by cute Cherliee. Still jonesing for that Changeling episode though.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I agree that the sisters were clearly ignoring the Crusader's complaints in the ep.

The show really seems to be rehashing the same 'lessons' over again as of late. At least, it feels like this lesson had already been done, at least in part.

Happy to see cheerleader Cheerilee, though unfortunately there aren't any ideal scenes to make a GIF out of (Ideally, one where she's standing off by herself and jump-cheering for example). There is a scene where she does the eye-roll, but she has done that before so I didn't bother.

LOL at Derpy winning the 'most creative' cart back in the day. Filly Rarara's cart was more 'haute couture' compared to Derpy's raw design which did actually look rather cool, if a bit rough around the edges (part of the charm though).

Scoots actually tried (and then later succeeded in) making a chicken racer? They're reeeeeally pushing that whole Scoots is a chicken joke....

Diamond Tiara raced with her butler huh? I hope she treats him a lot better these days.

The show could only cram a handful or so carts into the races, so there are a LOT of missing classmate carts. I mean, I imagine they'd have multiple race waves for practical reasons, but it would have been nice to see more carts.

RD wearing the 'problem?' black sunglasses again. Both those glasses and AJ's aviators had earpieces that hung below the ear pointlessly....Rarara's sunglasses were at least pince-nez style.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Lawyer Friendly Hominids: Legend of the Everfree
Amazon.Com Link
Shout Factory Link

Wikia Page
Release Date:
November 01, 2016 (Netflix: October 01, 2016)
Runtime: 76 Minutes​

Synopsis (Shout Factory) said:
What Could Be More Fun Than A Field Trip To Everypony’s Favorite Camp?

When Canterlot High School goes on a field trip to Camp Everfree, they're surprised to find a magical force is causing strange things to happen. Purple Smart , with the help of the Mane 6 and especially Sunset Shimmer (who refuses to give up on her), must confront the dark "Midnight Sparkle" within herself and embrace her newfound magical abilities to save the beloved camp from closing down for good!

Well, I honestly don't think I've heard about this 4th installment of the Lawyer Friendly Hominids franchise before today. Seemed to come out of nowhere.

It's not up for sale on Amazon.ca yet. I'll play the waiting game and pre-order it closer to the release date.

Also, I shortened the title because otherwise, this is the result: LAUREN SMASH!!!

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Lawyer Friendly Hominids: Legend of the Everfree
Amazon.Com Link
Shout Factory Link

Wikia Page
Release Date:
November 01, 2016 (Netflix: October 01, 2016)
Runtime: 76 Minutes​

Well, I honestly don't think I've heard about this 4th installment of the Lawyer Friendly Hominids franchise before today. Seemed to come out of nowhere.

It's not up for sale on Amazon.ca yet. I'll play the waiting game and pre-order it closer to the release date.

Also, I shortened the title because otherwise, this is the result: LAUREN SMASH!!!
Really? There's already been like 5 leaks. Kinda hard to miss on The Glue Factory Daily.

Reactions: Sutekh94

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Really? There's already been like 5 leaks. Kinda hard to miss on The Glue Factory Daily.
Ah, well I don't frequent EQD. I know I should, but I already have enough websites I visit daily, if I made EQD yet another, I'd have to cut out sleeping, and I already cut into that enough as it is >_>

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
The thing that bugged me was that AJ's cart moved so slow going down the hill and around the track, it seemed to defy physics. And why the heck were no rips in the sky with human stuff falling out of them.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
The thing that bugged me was that AJ's cart moved so slow going down the hill and around the track, it seemed to defy physics. And why the heck were no rips in the sky with human stuff falling out of them.
Equestrian physics are a bit iffy - this is a universe in which full grown horses can fly.

I would like to see that someone actually fell through one of those holes and is lost in The Glue Factory, but at the moment the writers seem to want to keep the two universes separate.

That raises a question, actually: if a human had actually fell through one of those tears in friendship games, would they turn into a pony?

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Equestrian physics are a bit iffy - this is a universe in which full grown horses can fly.

I would like to see that someone actually fell through one of those holes and is lost in The Glue Factory, but at the moment the writers seem to want to keep the two universes separate.

That raises a question, actually: if a human had actually fell through one of those tears in friendship games, would they turn into a pony?
First let me correct you, Equestrian sentiant beings are not full grown horses they are actualy ponies and while ponies are in the same family tree as horses they are a different breed(I remember there was a video about Lawyer Friendly Equines Ponies on YT somewhere). Also pegasi and unicorns are mythological beings which brings them to a different level. One could argue that Earth ponies are also something completely different from normal ponies hence the EARTH in Earth Ponies.

Theoreticaly I would say, if someone did fell throught the rifts of space and time that Midnight book horse made they would probably stay human because the rifts or tears in the fabric of space and time were not magical themselfs. Unlike the portal that the book horse BS-ly made in EG 2 which clearly showed that passing one hand through the magical portal turned it into a hoof. When people were falling through the rifts that wasn't the case.

As for the FiM and EG universes being seperated, that is exactly what they are going for. You can start to see the trend in EG 2 with book horse not appearing till the 20 min mark. This trend continues with EG 3 when book horse appears only at the end. And it looks like with EG 4 there will only be SciTwi left. I don't know about you guys but I am really into EG and very interested where it will go. I wouldn't realy mind a EG spinoff series like this, *points to a relevant Fanfic/Fancomic* Friendship Is Magic introduction This comic is IMO really good and has a nice twist with the whole anime magical girl style, or any spinoff of EG in general.

This is all for now. I really love theory crafting like this so this has been fun. Have a nice day, Brohoof

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
In my honest opinion, the only good thing in EG is baconhoers. Simply put, ultimate and epic reformation aside, nobody magically forgave her, and she is much less of an idiot than... basically anyone in the series.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I assume that baconhoers = baconhorse which then means baconhorse = The EG 1 antagonist that was reformed in to a disciple of the bookhorse for ponyland

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
You guys know Sunset Shimmer isnt changed, right?

Anyway, going to have to agree. Don't be really like EQ, love Sunset Shimmer. Unfortunately, I don't see her transferring back to The Glue Factory and thus the main series.

Sutekh94

Veteran of being taken over by robots or something
Crowdfund Backer
You guys know Sunset Shimmer isnt changed, right?
Shhh... Don't give 'em any ideas. :p

And I'm fine with the Lawyer Friendly Hominids and FiM universes being kept separate. As much as I want to see baconmane return to the FiM universe, even if it's a quick three-second cameo in the background, I'm fine with her remaining in the Lawyer Friendly Hominids universe, if only because I actually really like the Lawyer Friendly Hominids series and am looking forward to seeing Legend of Everfree.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
baconhoers = baconhorse
Baconhoers is baconhoers. Or hors. Whichever you like better.

Anyways, let's watch today's episode.
"Boo"........................................ Okay, I'm done.

---Edit---
Timid Ferovore Hoers too easy to prank? Whoopie cushion is a joke shortcut (admit it, that was really not funny, especially if you can't keep a flipping straight face Rainbow)?
Yes. Yes, that is quite true. The main question is: why is Party Hoers act so suprised? Isn't she some kind of prank-expert?
Admit it, that sewing machine joke was funny. Albeit I expected to be nothing in the cake and Rarara would just drive herself mad trying to figure out where the prank is. Eh, that's more of a joke for Bookworm Hoers.
Background Orange will run headfirst into her own defences. That bucket will be either the start, or the finishing touch.
Nope, completely wrong, that was bloody hilarious.
Okay, that skunk was really mean.
What the hell Spike. You should have a bit more brain than that. Sunbottom Tyrant surfacing was a great picture though.
What the heck Rainbow. How did you get that rock there? And why did Mac only slide back when he noticed?
Okay. I'm at that brick. Main rule of pranking someone: Do not hurt them, otherwise you are just a twat.
That picture is not something I would consider a prank.
That closet one was funny though. Not really elaborate, but great picture.
"They got me goooood" Party Hoers's sentence carried some interesting tone and facial expression.

You know at every sentence I'm reminded that the brain capacity of the charaters is usually toned down for "a kid's level". But even with that am I the only one who is so goddamn annoyed them acting like total and complete...... dorks?

No, it does not seem funny in and itself.
Okay, Party Hoers munching on that cookie after Rainbow sped away was absolutely necessary.

I'm curious, how did she became so much grayer?
How in the world did they get so much cookies?
"Ah don't wan' none of your pranks to ruin these fillies night." I have a feeling I will refer back to this sentence later.
Rainbow, learn to keep your bloody face straight!
Lol, Zero seems posessive. *Ahem* Okay that was a bad one.
Bookworm Hoers I know Spike is more of a slave, but come on, you should've brought more cookes to eat in front of him, slowly savouring the taste of it, while he had to watch. One box just runs out too fast. Also, you are a princess, you should have enough money.
Is Mac living apart from his family, or did they just randomly stroll back to the farm just to sell him a few boxes?
Rainbow, what the hell. Straigh flipping face. or at least don't laugh so maniacally, a simple elation can just be written up for being happy for the girls. Seriously, bloody amateurs.
"Ponies can't talk while they're eating those fabulous cookies." Just how long do they eat them? They were selling into the night.
"Cookie calm". Well, that's a first.
The cookie monster cometh!
That is actually more funny than scary. Itty-bitty-squishy-horsey-corpsey wants nom-nom? Do you? Do you?
Just noticed, downturned ears are qute adorable, no matter how terrified their owners are. Huh.
Can those two eat solids? I dunno, I'm geniuely curious. Also after so much sugar, I can imagine the cake household to die. Ever tried to handle tiny kids powered up? Now add wings and magic to the mix....
Commercial break after 15 minutes. Around 6 minutes left of the episode.
Horse statue is not a zombie, 0/10 bad episode.
Spike still doesn't exist, even if he's standing right there and is a bloody direcrt link to Sunbottom Tyrant.
Spike sounds like he's being murdered. Kind of disturbing. He's the best zombie so far.
Zombear? Yes, a zombear. Also, why is everyone facing away from her until she taps Timid Ferovore Hoers's on the back? There wasn't even a box there to justify it.
Lol Derp Mac. Also: You're a bloody pegasus! Fly you fool!
No time for explain, get in the cart....
"If you want those cookies you will have to buy the, just like everypony else" I didn't see you trying to pay for it dear Rarara. Also, she helped all day, and she is 'allegedly' a friend of yours. She is quite entitled to a free box from the leftovers.
Zombies want cookies. Solution: Get into the cart with all the cookies. *clap*. *clap*. *clap*.
AJ knows something. That's a know something face if I've seen that.
Really Rarara? Really? Already eaten them? You are like a bloody character from a B rated movie. Nobody else was able to say a flipping coherent sentence, let alone giving an actualy answer....
It would've been hilarious if she set the barn on fire.

That.... might have been a tad bit overboard. Good job getting the entire town into it without anyone breaking character though.

Colors randomly got more saturated the moment Party Hoers said "Exactly". What.

I would so flipping get back on them for this. I can't really argue against it, considering she did something similar to Timid Ferovore Hoers, but still. If one goes a bit too far does not mean you have to.
Rainbow has a long neck for her monologue.
Party Hoers summarising the lesson of the episode. Because she has to.
Why? Why do you need to end it with a flipping laugh? Whyyy??

A fun episode, but really awful at the same time. And yet I really can't fault it. There are kids out there who don't learn until they burn their hands.
Also:

Last edited:

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
So, we got another [NAME EXPUNGED] episode this week, might as well give my 2 cents (or whatever currency equivalent applies)
The episode itself was pretty good for a Dashie episode, she has a pretty bad hit/miss ratio for episodes focused on her, which is part of the reason why I don't really like her. The beginning of this episode wasn't doing her any favors either, considering that most of her "pranks" are high levels of malicious trolling with no displays of remorse. However, they did have some creative things done and a lot of the visual humor was pretty good (Sunbutt buried in letters). The cookie zombie outbreak was one of the funnier things I've seen on this show, especially with how some of the ponies eyes were going in different directions. I didn't have good expectations at first, but I was surprised with how good this one was. I would probably rank this in the upper zone for Dashie episodes, but still not nearly as good as Wonderbolts Academy.

Best Episode: Zombie Cookie Ponies/10

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Found the best picture about what the best solution should've been

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Dash should have just gone to the Winchester, had a pint (of a cider) and waited for the whole thing to blow over.

Anyway, the episode:

Fairly meh from me. Considering the title, i thought we might actually get a few references to zombie movies (was on the look out for a pony in a white shirt and red tie), but it seems we got nothing. Furthermore, i felt the whole 'zombie' phase was a bit too short and didn't really contain anything memorable. Maybe if the show wasn't restricted to a 20 minute format we could have seen a bit more creativity, but not much you can do about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: D96

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
"Lol, Zero seems posessive. *Ahem* Okay that was a bad one."
In reality, I'm actually very protective of my sister. Yellow Quiet was a close enough representation.

"Zombear? Yes, a zombear."
Shoot, I knew I forgot SOMETHING in my character bio...

Reactions: Avering

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Not a bad episode. The pun worked out quite well.

Didn't Party Hoers and Dash agree to not prank Timid Ferovore Hoers ages ago?

How did Dash make a cake that big? The bottom layer alone would be too large for an oven, even the Cake's oven. Granted, they did make that Marizipan cake, but this one is even wider at the base I think. Made in quarters maybe?

For that matter, what about the boulder? How the heck did she fly it up there?

Spike isn't very quick on the uptake, is he?

Once again, the math looks kinda complicated for foals. Last time it was purposeful, but this time it's supposed to be the basic stuff.

One bit for a box of cookies, especially when it's intended to raise money for a group? The Glue Factory's unbalanced economy strikes again!

Since when is Sweetie Belle able to do effortless magic? It probably has happened before but I don't recall.

Nopony questioned why RD was laughing up a storm?

Even the Cake twins were pulling the zombie shtick.

Derpy eyes everywhere! Where was Derpy herself? Did anyone spot her?

20:28 - Oh, ICWUTUDIDTHAR

21:28 - That stallion with Bookworm Hoers-esque cutie mark

Dramatic exit music

Gif Tymez!:

@Avering - Yeah, I thought it was weird they went all the way back just to sell some cookies to Big Mac. I also agree that the brick wasn't cool. He could have chipped a tooth, and even if The Glue Factory happened to have social medical/dental (not really clear on that), it would still be unpleasant.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
I was more surprised the Cake's kids hadn't really gotten any older than the last time they were on. I mean, it should have been two years or so, so their eyes should have improved.

Plus, this is the first time I've heard of the Filly Guides. I'm curious what the ranks are like (since I quit being a Boy Scout due to excessive bullying).

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Got a little snippet from the next episode, and while I'm not a fan of them (they just mean nothing without the rest of the episode usually), it has a [beep].

I don't like his voice. It's meh. Also, it's a Spike episode and they have a really bad track record. I don't want to see adorabug episode mess-ups. Bookworm Hoers will be a twat, I'm sure though.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, that was an.... interesting episode. Sadly nothing spectacular, but had some really good moments.
That hissing for example. I think that was kinda fun.
Also, Spike singing. Not gonna lie, it was not an outstanding song, but it's Spike Singing. That guy was always considered a very second rate character by most of the show, it's good to see this given to him.

Though I personally would've expected people to accuse Spike of being a changeling himself after that song, but we're used to rushed endings. This was a ridiculously bad one anyways. Also, flipping random laughts! Those things just drive me mad! Why do you need it in every freaking episode?!?!

"Everypony still has things to learn about friendship. Even me!" Well, no shit Bookworm Hoers.

The most important part is however that it didn't do any harm to my headcanon! Not exactly how I imagined newborn cuddlebugs to look like, but that's not a problem. They have built-in pajamas:puppy:

Reactions: V.A.a.M.P.P

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Just posting my usual observations as I watched the episode:

01:39 - Spike has a Rarara Plush

08:20 - Changelings hatching from eggs confirmed. Most seem to have mean faces. Emerge with a weird white 'outfit' on.

Lots of eggs...

Chryssi seems to be there when they hatch.

Changeling nymphs are VERY small. Like, around the size of an apple?

Thorax

10:58 - Spike the Hilarious

Crystal Pony form has an urn for a cutie mark?

13:00 - Thorax derps up when forcing himself to laugh.

15:02 - Teary-eyed when Spike didn't stick up for him.

15:54 - Changelings can turn into rocks (and presumably other inanimate objects) confirmed.

17:24 - Suddenly spotlight?

Song was a bit meh IMO. It also mentioned changelings changing, but Thorax was always like that, so it's more about changing the perception of others in regards to him than anything. Still, might be a good lesson in regards to other changelings in future.

Everypony did a total 180. Once again proving ponies are easy to mind control with songs and the like.

What happened to Thorax's involuntary hissing response?

Changeling Kingdom eh? Weird that they'd call it that, since one would think it would always have a female ruler? Same argument can be made for The Glue Factory though.

@Avering - You're right though. It doesn't really affect the fanon much. Granted, there are some fanfics that go in the 'Changelings are mindless drones' direction. Oh, and Thorax seemed more male than female, so the idea of all of the 'workers' are female is out as well.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Oh, yeah I'll probably arrive home tomorrow, you'll see my reaction that day. But I was really interested in this episode, and while I haven't watched the little trailer tidbits, I have great hopes.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Was really disappointed in this one:

Based on concept alone, this didn't look like a hard episode to pull off: have Discord pull Big Mac and Spike into a Dungeons and Dragons esque world, throw in a moral or two along the way, and just make a cool 'adventure' episode. Unfortunately, it takes until past the 14 minute mark for that first thing to happen, and we never get the last, so the whole Dungeons and Dragons aspect is seriously wasted. Oh, and for all of you who were excited about seeing Rainbow and Party Hoers in D&D? Yeah, your getting about 15 seconds of them.

To be fair, it provided some good development for Discord - mainly knocking him down a peg and learning some humility - but I feel like that could have been worked into any episode. Instead, it overshadowed what could have been a really fun episode.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Just my usual running commentary.

Puerto Caballo - Sunny beach destination apparently?

01:15 - Discord inverts colours. Opposite-verse. Discord acts like he wants to visit Big Mac and Spike, and Timid Ferovore Hoers yells.

01:48 - Dat Timid Ferovore Hoers Doe

Discord really is the clingy sort, isn't he though?

Train route into an active volcano. Is he trying to get her to stay or kill her?

03:13 - Deadpan eyebrow raise. Methinks I'll need to GIF that....

03:27 - Yeti food, eh? Pony eating yeti on Frostfield Glacier.

You know, I'm wondering if a later episode will feature some of the trips characters made. Like, Bookworm Hoers went to the Griffon kingdom a few episodes ago, and in this episode the mane 6 are going to Yakyakistan. They've done this in the show before, coming back to other characters in later episodes to see how things went with them.

04:33 - Discord Fashion magazine.

05:40 - Luna and Cay-cay? K.K.? Second one doesn't really sound like Celly, but it apparently is.

06:36 - Spike and Mac do a little dance. Bet the mane 6 would get a real kick out of seeing that.

06:52 - Minicord with helium voice. Alright then. Scroll just had a line drawing of Discord's head on it.

07:24 - Rowdiest establishments in Ponyville consists of two places. Again, the use of gibberish script.

07:45 - Dis-lestia? Then he ends up petting the detached mane? It hopped away...

08:27 - Ogres and Oubliettes? Apparently an oubliette is a specific type of secret dungeon that can only be accessed via a trapdoor in its ceiling. You learn something new every day I guess!

08:31 - DISCORD IS HORRIFIED. Apparently he doesn't like 'nerdy' stuff? Funny, coming from him and his multitude of pop-culture references.

08:45 - Book cover uses the same overly stylized blocky text that Discord's 'Discord Fashion' magazine used.

08:49 - Squid Wizard? Squizard? OooooK then.

Spike is sitting on Timid Ferovore Hoers's throne. You'd think Discord would sit there. Discord is apparently sitting on Rarara's? Mac is on Dash's throne. NO-ONE IS SITTING WHERE YOU WOULD EXPECT THEM TO SIT!

09:05 - Spiketopia? Shmarity?

Discord really is a downer, isn't he? Naturally he will end up totally into the game, and almost certainly spice it up for the other two with....his usual brand of drama and immersion.

IMAGINAAAATION!

13:10 - Yeah, who didn't see that coming?

13:36 - OK, that mare with the bananas cutie mark, slicked hair, and feathered tail....

14:42 - Called it. Pretty sure we all did though. Of course Discord was going to put them in the game for real.

17:18 - Rarara? Isn't it supposed to be Shmarity? Har har. Oh wait, yep.

19:35 - Don't strain yourself, you might lay something.

Captain Wuzz has a long flowing blond mane. Very elvish.

And yup, they allllll saw the dance.

RD the Rogue. Party Hoers the...Bard maybe?

Standard outro again.

It really did take waaaay too long to get down with the 'Discord transports them into the game' portion of the episode.

GIF TYMEZ:

Larger Version

I went back and added Timid Ferovore Hoers to the AJ-Spike Raised Eyebrow Image:

Banner Version
AJ And SpikeOnly Version
AJ and Spike Only, Banner Version

Again, versions with Spike and AJ:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Watched Dungeons and Discord. It was eh.

Though Ponyville will not paint itself red.....
Edit: Buckball season actual reactions. Let's watch and edit the reactions in midway.
First thing first. I watched no teasers, no infos, nothing, I have no idea what this thing will be about (aseide from obvious handegg reference), but let me have a major guess. Either Rainbow and AJ will compete the crap out of everyone, or they will be against each other competing the crap out of everyone.

Let's do this. Lines said by characters are in italics.

Aj spits in hoof to check wind direction. Then AJ promptly turns said hoof away from wind.
Scrunchybuck.
That motion blur. Also, how did she manage to do that flip? That's physically impossible! She was in the air doing no flips, then she gets scared and starts spinning mid-air? Why am I even questioning cartoon logic? That flop was funny!
Distancebucking.... *Snort*
Cousin Braeburn! I thought he was the only apple in Appleloosa.
Wow. How did that apple not splash? It must be a joy for the teeth eating that. (The target not shattering due to brickle is secondary)
Flying with only one wing. Equestrian physics, ladies and gentlemen.
Apple went through the target. It's unscathed after multiple hoof-hits. How in the would do you eat those??? Is that why Granny Smith has no teeth?
I'm actually curious how the lines are recorded in an AJ-Rainbow conversation. Only one character individually, or just let Ashleigh talk to herself?
That Applesmile aside from being cute looks like when Apple.exe encounters an error. "Just smile and look cute, maybe they'll leave you alone"
Theme still sucks.
"We don't have a team" And thus Appleloosa can't beat Ponyville. RRRrrrrroll credits!
How does ponk make her hair look like that?
I don't think anyone expected anything else from Flutterbutt.....
That's.... A rather interesting game. Do you guys think The Toy Company should hire an ACTUAL developer team to make a sports game out of it?
Judging from Ponk and Flutters, the actual Ponyville team may not contain the two sportsmares? That would be something new. I can guess multiple episode conflicts to happen, one of witch those two trying too hard to get into the finalised team, before reaching the end of the episode and teaching kids how to leave sports to those who are talented.
Random butterflies! Why do flies have butter on them?
Sea Swirl at least have the decency to blush. Just curious, but shouldn't your first reflex make you shield yourself with the bucket before dropping to the ground? Not dropping the bucket and yourself?
A wild Snips appear! Or Snails. Whichever. I only remember them from the Trixie episode.
Snails it is. His brain power hadn't increased though. I mean, he's carrying clean water for... something. Then use said clean water to catch dirty balls. With most of it splashing out anyways. By the by he's quite strong, a bucket of water is mighty heavy.
Ponk is freaking terrified. Also buckeds magically got refilled.
"You two are gonna be representing all of Ponyville. And, more importantly, us!" Phew... I was worried Rainbow fixed her ego at first.
Why do you need to carry the ball like that RD? It seems thet Flutters just need to kick it back, not hold on to it.
Okay seriously. How does that contribute to goalkeeping. Shouldn't you just chuck ball at her to practice deflecting them? Music was fun during the sequence though.
See? Party Hoers's training looks a bit more practical.
"Just one miss'll ruin the Apple family's buckball reputation forever!" Umm, isn't it a new game with nobody knowing what the hell is it? Including the Apples?
Yeah the lesson will be about enforcing your ways on others instead of just having fun.
Music's fun. Also, sommersaults.
"What in the apple ...?" Bwahahahaaaaaa!
Before tomorrow? So Braeburn told AJ to go up against a practiced team with one slapped together in a day? Wow, I'm proud of him.
"I know our friends want us to win, but how can the whole town be counting on us if most ponies have never even heard of buckball?" What in the world. An Lawyer Friendly Equines episode with somebody actually using their brain? WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!
"I'd be surprised if anypony in this town cares about this game at all." We all know what will happen...
Those who has face-paint have pretty decent ones. Excep Derpy, who seem to have just splashed her head into a paint bucket. Great work animators!
Ad break. Just to make you know where I was.
You have the little train sign on the train station. Facing the train tracks..... Well, at least the train will know that train station is a train station...
Where are they going? I thought the match will be here.
"I don't know what zone Gottagofast is talking about, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to be in it. Do you?" I have no idea what is happening, but it seems like the characters grew some actual opinions. Not enough, but more than they actually had before.
Timid Ferovore Hoers flips out. Oh my god that scream. That was glorious. But she should've said something the day before, instead of having her first actual reaction to RD be a random ragequit. Now the episode will blame AJ and Rainbow because those two didn't say a word beforehand.
Holy crow Snails, what were you doing down there?
Train backrest have no depth. Yeah, dope 3d, but I'm not sure those green wall-thingies are made of paper.
Yup, episode is blaming those the two sportsmen because Flutters and Party Hoers ragequits. I mean yeah, they are not faultless, but tell each other when it's starting to become a problem you gits!. *Ahem*
Train cars doesn't seem to have those dope little connections. You know, where there are no solid walls around you, just a thin piece rubber and some metal floor between you and a colorful demise. Just noticed.
Better to quit now, just before the game where everyone expecting you to participate, so no backup players have practiced, than just quitting mid-match. To be honest neither is better than the other, but at least quitting mid-game would be amusing.
Did they jump off the train to practice in boonieland?
"Looks like you two really do need practice!" Just ignore that noise. It's just me banging my head into the desk. That was such a ridiculous shift in character.
Y'now, I realised why Timid Ferovore Hoers is so much better than RD. Stand in front of the flippong goal! Or just have AJ aim somewhere else. Snails will catch it anyways, no need to make the enemy's job easier.
How do tails work?
RD delivering the lesson for today. Wow.
"I'm sure folks want you to win, but not if worrying about it makes you miserable" Speaking from experience AJ? Hold on a sec, wasn't this a previous friendship lesson? Meaning those two should've already know this??? I mean the quitters.
Yes Snails, we noticed. Maybe that's why people didn't punish you for bringing an Ursa into town. You are punished enough.
Didn't the Ponyville fans stay in the town when the train departed?
By the by, what the heck are you doing on the field girls! Just randomly stopping a match like that? Who wrote the rules? By the by, the ponies are still celebrating while nothing is happening. Also, top hat horse.
Braeburn is confused by a pink butt. Also, dat chest save.
"Patented spin move." How do you patent that?
Game conveniently ends on goal. Also how in the world did they do all those moves on a field that small?
Laugh. God flipping damned laughs. Whyyyyyyy? Just whyyy?

Ending toughts: Not a bad episode. Props to the wirters, they didn't make the characters downright stupid, and the episode didn't have any major cringeworthy part. I'm quite happy with it, especially after that sacrilege that is the changeling episode.
Done. Talk about walls of text.

Last edited:

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
A Snails episode - how's that for a thing I didn't even know I needed in my life. Dude was hilariously chill and certainly had no bucks to give.

Also, I quite enjoyed the animation work here. Pinkiе's and Fluttеrshy's expressions as they got increasingly nervous were amusing, Applеjack's and Rainbоw's messed up hair was adorable, all in all nice to see animators still fooling around and making new things.

Also also, obligatory.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
They seem to keep putting all the good stuff near the end these past episodes, weird. Though I'm curious about the mare Braeburn was with, the violet one, since I'm not sure if she might be related to Bulk. Or if small wings on a Pegasus inspired her to become stronger than most at that game.

Also, given that Snails can wield multiple items with telekinesis, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a elite guard at Twi's castle, with her teaching him the ropes. Probably his talent is the slow and steady approach on reacting without thinking.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
I found it somewhat odd that Twilіght and Rarіty weren't even passingly mentioned as potential candidates for the team. Shouldn't be an unanimous unspoken "they're no good at sports" - at least not after Twilіght got 5th place in the Running of the Leaves while Rarіty+Sweetie Belle won 2nd in the Sisterhoof Social.

Could have been handwaved with something like "Twіlight and Starlight are busy searching for some book in the Castle of the Two Sisters, while Rarіty had to drop by her boutique in Canterlot (ideally taking Sweetie with her to cover that unicorn as well)". Still, wouldn't hurt for that to be briefly mentioned in the episode. Would take 15 seconds of screentime while explaining why no one even considered any of those for a moment.

I am of course aware I'm overthinking a situation where at the core the writers' priority list was:
#1. Have a team of Fluttеrshy, Pіnkie and Snails.
#2. (Optional) Rationalise it.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
@Muro
See I was wondering the same thing. They drag along all these background characters but don't even bring up any of their unicorn friends?

Anyways, I was without internet so I just got a chance to watch the episode. Not much to say about it, but I definitely enjoyed it.