[FactionRP] The Dark Side [Oleander]

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
After another short time passes, out Zeel comes, seemingly at the end of a yawn - though he swiftly disguises it upon seeing the surprising crowd outside his door.

"Oh... I've... made you all wait haven't I?" he utters. Those who are into puns might call this display a bit sheepish. "My apologies, I uh set a spell to ensure I would only wake up naturally... should have known better really but in the exhaustion I... well, enough excuses, how may I help?"

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(points a talon towards the drooling, dazed Aria) Basically, my ex-fiancé got her heart torn out and mind-controlled by a nasty, sinister opossum with necromantic abilities, and even though we got her back, it's impossible to put the heart back in. I was just wondering if you know a way to re-insert it back in.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
"Wha..." Zeel murrmurs, unsure if he heard all that correctly. His eyes quickly zip from Hurri, to Aria and then to the heart in Dandy's hoof. The eyes then widen uncharacteristically.

Without warning, Zeel leaps forward and encases the heart in a peculiar dark sphere, intent on preserving it.

"H-how long-?!" he starts frantically, before reeling himself in, trying not to panic his guests. "How long... has it been out...?"

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(scratches beak) Beats me, maybe for 2 months before we were cast into the Hold until yesterday. He's kept it well-preserved like all the others in his collection, and time doesn't change much in the Hold to begin with. Why, is that a problem?

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
"I... see..." Zeel answers, a bit disheartened for lack of a better word. He stares intently at the heart, though as he doesn't exactly know what her heart would've looked like normally, studying it isn't that helpful.

"The truth is, I can put it back in, but it's meant to be done as swiftly as possible. After such a time outside the body I can only imagine there's been some... deterioration..."

He takes a moment to consider what he's about to say. "I... do know a spell that can restore damaged body parts, healing injuries, even bringing back missing limbs and such, but to do such a thing on a heart... I haven't done that one before. I could see there being... side effects, to darkness being infused directly to it."

He stares concernedly at Aria. "I'm not one for forcing my ways on others... taking in the shadows is meant to be a choice. But at the moment she can't make one... what do you think she'd do?"

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
He stares concernedly at Aria. "I'm not one for forcing my ways on others... taking in the shadows is meant to be a choice. But at the moment she can't make one... what do you think she'd do?"
"Should that matter? She will die without it, she will grow stronger with it, she will learn to accept the dark even if she doesn't now, even if it's only because the powers that will allow her revenge."

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
She'd definitely want her life back, regardless of what cost or side-effects it may require. I can only shudder to think of what horrifying tortures that necromantic jerk put her through, and she'd need someone like me to help her recover from it. So please, help her regain her heart.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
"Very well..."

Solemnly Zeel concentrates for a moment. His curled horns shimmer with a purple aura.

With a buck of his head, Zeel transfers the energy to the heart - it takes on an appearance like a flame dousing it, yet it's entirely unharmed. The "fire" subsides, and the heart is left with a few thin, glowing purple streaks, evidence of the infusion.

Somewhat unnervingly, the heart emits a single beat. After a brief pause to see if anything else unexpected happens, Zeel raises the heart from it's protective sphere and turns to Aria.

After a second of concentration, he creates a black portal from her chest. He carefully levitates the heart inside and the portal slowly closes in on itself. When it comes to a sliver it emits a peculiar shine, before disappearing, as though nothing were ever awry...

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Aria: (starts to breathe normally again, as she begins to open her eyes) Wha-what happened? (notices me leaning in) What in the name of the Devourer are you getting so close to me!?!

(backs up a bit) Sorry, Aria. I'm just glad you're back to normal.

Aria: (snorts a cold breeze) As normal as one gets to be me, I suppose. But you recall we broke up because you kept doing that static thing that caused all my feathers to poof up.

Technically, I already found a way to negate that. And we broke up because you wanted to spy on the Nocturnal Council and I said it was too dangerous.

Aria: Schematics.

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
Seeing Hurri and Aria reunited brings an accomplished smile to Dandy's face. He steps forward to greet his new ally(?).

"So you're Aria. It's nice to meet you. My name is Dandy." He holds out his hoof to be shook.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
"Welcome back from the dead icebird! I am inclined to inform you that you are stronger than you once were, that you have been in touch with darkness. Don't be afraid though, this is beneficial because it means we can use that power to hunt down that foolish necromancer when you desire... but not now, we have a party to attend." Blue waits a second and then remarks "You mind getting cozy with prey? If not, want to join us?"

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Aria: (looks at Dandy oddly) If you're asking me to shake your hoof, I have wings. Likewise, my talons deep-freeze to the bone. (looks at the two herbivores, then back to me) Did I miss something?

Well, we're kind of in the midst of negotiating our hunting territories, as well as rebuilding our forests and going over mining rights. These two are representatives of their respectable herds, who helped get your heart back.

Aria: Ah. Then no, I have no issues with prey. I'm more of a Walrus-kind of predator than Elk or Moose, which my family normally hunted before the great purge. (stares at me) You did kill that filthy opossum, right?

(sweatdrops) Last I checked, he was buried alive under hundreds of tons of rock and soil. I'll send for a retrieval team to check over the sinkhole for any trace of him.

Aria: (grins a toothy smile of fangs) Good. I was mostly conscious, but unable to do anything on my own, given my heart being removed, so I was able to listen in to all his sinister plans as well as learnt about the other members in the Nocturnal Council when he brought me along as a 'pet'. (spits, causing a small icicle to form on the floor) Is Ziege here as well?

In a way. Though he may be annoying a lot of people.

Aria: (smirks) Understatement of the millennia.

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
Dandy nods and puts his hoof down, vaguely disappointed, but still happy. Then he gets a bit more somber.
"If Rank 25 was able to transport us out of the cave, then he's certainly saved Lazarus as well, although why he didn't teleport Buzzkill out with us is still a mystery, since he would have no reason to teleport us out in the first place and save our lives and not do the same to Buzzkill.
"But I also need to get going. After all, I have a gala to host. You two are most certainly invited; I'm sure it would be a great place to catch up on old times. Make sure your patient gets her lollipop, Doctor Zeel!" With that, he walks out the door, elated from a job well done.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Thank you, Doctor Zeel. (bows head in gratitude, as does Aria's) Having her back makes me the luckiest bird in the skies.

Aria: Technically, Doofy is the luckiest, given he's been on more than 400 campaigns and always returned without a scratch.

(rolls eyes) He's a waterfowl duck, that doesn't count.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Zeel nods his head in kind.

"I'm always happy to help those in need. And I'm sure there's much about you and your situation that I don't know. But I want you two to know, if you haven't heard already... the future that us Soldiers of Shadow are looking to reach, is one of peace, between 'prey' and 'predator' alike, as you say. We are always looking for, and training in spells that will help to make this feasible... to make a world that's sustainable for us all. That's all I want."

TyphlUpgrade

When the Eleven-Day Empire eats the sky...
Crowdfund Backer
The door opens swiftly, and a cloaked figure walks through the opening in a hurry. He walks into the guild hall, breathing heavily. He raises a hoof in greeting, the other members clearly surprised by the abrupt entrance.

"Alas, after a long journey, I have made my return."

The figure unveils his hood, revealing the head of a pine green longma. He grins, his fangs gleaming in the dim candlelight.

"What did I miss?"

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The door opens swiftly, and a cloaked figure walks through the opening in a hurry. He walks into the guild hall, breathing heavily. He raises a hoof in greeting, the other members clearly surprised by the abrupt entrance.

"Alas, after a long journey, I have made my return."

The figure unveils his hood, revealing the head of a pine green longma. He grins, his fangs gleaming in the dim candlelight.

"What did I miss?"
OOC ohh look a new face hello welcom, for Faction RP we have a form to post about your charicter here

The TFHs Original Character Thread
I would rp now but im buisy on and off now pluse my charicter is else were. Welcom and enjoy the cookies.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
OOC: I don't think Zeel is quite where you are, and I also want him to be doing something else soon assuming Hurri and Aria are done here, but as I wouldn't want you to be ignored and people seem open now to doing multiple characters, perhaps this isn't a bad time to introduce a new character. I was planning on debuting her in a little backstory I've been planning to write for Zeel for some time but I dunno if I'll ever get around to doing that. Maybe having her here will drive me to it!

Among the crowdgoers, one decides to step - more like hop - forward. She was a sheep, roughly the same age as Zeel though she certainly looked quite different. Her wool was orange in color, though extremely pale to the point of looking white from a distance. Her most striking feature was the way it grew around her head. It went a ways past her chin and was fashioned to cover her forehead. Those in some distant reality might refer to this as a "fringe" hairstyle.

She came up excitedly to the new arrival, eager to get a chance to reunite with what was surely a long-time friend. Lacking any of the trouble speaking up that her race was somewhat known for, she chirped, "HIIIIIIIiiiiii... y-yyyyyyyoooooouuuuuu..."

Her enthusiasm trails off briefly. With a clear of her throat, she continues, "Sorry, I only realized part-way through that greeting that I've never seen you before. Eheheh... that was a little dumb~!"

...On the contrary, she can perhaps say a little too much.

"Anyway, welcome back! I've actually been gone a while myself so I guess I missed your first time here." she explains, before offering a hoof. "You can call me Fringe! After all, it's my name~! And you are?"

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(shakes head, as they begin to walk out satisfied with Zeel's work) If you say so, but know this. All spells come with a hefty price tag, and a spell that would make the world sustainable may cost more than anyone realizes. That's why no one wants to reset the barrier on the Hold to put us all back inside, as the caster will lose everything and more as a result.

Aria: (waves goodbye to Zeel as they proceed outside) Thanks again! I'll send you a crate of my patented never-melting-Sno-Cones!

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Zeel waves with a warm smile. "Appreciate the concern!" is all he responds with.

Once they're out of ear shot, he quietly follows up to himself...

"The time might be closer than you think..."

He can't help but be pleased with this thought. But then a less pleasant one strikes him and his face turns serious.

He makes his way through the grimly adorned city, to a... particular building. Like all of the others, it had simply risen from the ground one day, summoned through magic, it's appearance automatically generated for lack of a better word, tailored in some way to it's intended inhabitant.

This one... was a bit more... overstated than others. Emblazoned on the front was an ever so innocent looking reindeer, smiling pleasantly as a forest burns behind her.

You may have guessed that this is Fluffy's home. Or rather, it was.

Zeel spends a moment staring at the image. In hindsight it was a bit of a bitter depiction and he was in two minds looking at it.

With a sigh, he waves his spellbook. With a heavy rumble, the building started to sink from whence it came; within seconds it was gone...

...almost. Through some fluke, the very top of the building, specifically the tip of it's spire remained, sticking just a few inches out of the ground.

Zeel starts to wave his book again to correct this, but stops just short. He lowers his book and kneels down on the ground, staring glumly at the spire.

He actually stays like this for a little while until a voice interrupts him.

"Heh, looks a little like a memorial doesn't it? Apropos..."

Zeel looks back with a scornful expression at his demon, Hominid. Leaving the book open allowed him out. The bizarre two-legged, opposable thumbed red silhouette stood just behind Zeel, his freakish "hands" as he calls them behind his back. There's naught but a blank space where his eyes are supposed to be, yet somehow he all the same dons a noticeable surprised expression at the look Zeel's giving him.

"What...? It's a legitimate observation!" Hominid responds, putting his arms up in a shrug. He then continues in his usual smug, cool tone of voice. "Anyway, look, look, buddy, it's nothing to be all mopey about. Things like this, just think of it as, ehhhh, a learning experience, huh?"

[OOC Note: I'm thinking Hominid's personality will be roughly based on Disney's interpretation of Hades.]

"I do." Zeel answers, "But some things... some things it seems like you shouldn't have to learn. Some things should just be obvious. I believe in inclusiveness, not barring anyone from joining us, no matter their race, their beliefs, their past... I believe it so much that I was eager to encourage anyone to make their own pact. Find their own demon, infuse themselves with the darkness like it was nothing."

Zeel turns back to stare at the spire as he continues, "Not that I have anything against the demon she picked, but someone like Fluffy... I don't think gaining that power was healthy for her at all. It just made it easier for her to do damage... and as a result.. maybe... encouraged it. Just because it's a good thing for me and the others doesn't mean it's a good thing for everyone... I can't believe I didn't see that."

Hominid listens with a growing confused expression, before blurting out in mile-a-minute speech, "Wait wait wait wait wait wait hold up just a second..." he then slows down a bit. "I wasn't saying you should take it as a lesson on how you treat folks, I'm saying take it as a lesson on those you hang out with. As in, y'know, maybe don't let the obvious murderous psychopath into your little club house next time!"

"Hominid!" Zeel snaps as he whips around to face him.

"Oh come on, you can't take a joke?" Hominid answers, raising his hands up as if he doesn't want to instigate. "I mean granted, it's a joke in the funny-because-it's-true kind of way, but-"

"Not now... alright?" Zeel cuts him off, shaking his head. "Not with this."

"Tsk... one of these days you really need to learn how to relax..."

Hominid kicks his feet up and floats in the air as though he's lying down in an imaginary hammock.

"The point is..." Zeel continues. "I believe staying with the Velvetians is what's best for her. I can't explain why, but she and Feanor... seem to have some kind of bond, a connection I've never seen her make with anyone else. They're friends... and maybe that's all she ever needed."

"Uh huh..." Hominid answers in the most bored tone possible. "Plus, now when she decides to go on her bloody, violent rampage, she won't have to worry about an army of demons swarming in on her. So that's reassuring."

"Alright that's enough, you're getting back in your book." Zeel responds curtly, waving the book below Hominid.

"Oh come on now... ugh, okay okay, I'll be goo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-"

Quite unnaturally, Hominid seems stuck in a lengthy, almost glitchy stutter. His silhouetted frame begins rapidly blinking in and out of existence as a light shines from the book underneath him.

"H-Hominid?! What's happening?!"

After a moment or two of blinking, Hominid's visage is replaced by a projection of a couple of vines holding up a necklace with a cracked ruby in the center. From it comes a voice of unrecognizable tone...

You should know...

A red wave of light comes from this apparition and blasts into Zeel's face, the force of it sending him back a few steps. He's overwhelmed by it, unable to see anything but a series of still images rapidly flashing before his eyes. These stills tell him bits and pieces of what's occurred with this entity...

With a flash they leave him and Zeel is left gasping for breath.

"-ood, I'll stop making fun of your evil ex." Hominid continues after zapping back into existence. He seems unaware anything ever happened. "Although personally I still think if you guys lived in a world with straitjackets, it'd do a lot of... what happened to you?" he asks quizzically, upon noticing Zeel's exertion.

"I... I'm not entirely sure. But I think I know how to find out..."

Zeel picks up the spellbook and closes it before turning to leave the dark domain. Much as he didn't look forward to it, that last image let him know exactly who he needed to ask and where they were...

Reactions: Feanor